Friday, September 11, 2009

A Great Scene from V For Vendetta

Now I must admit that I have not yet read the classic Alan Moore graphic novel and am still kicking myself in the ass for it. I really did enjoy the film and feel kinda weird by liking it because everyone tells me that the graphic novel is much better. Maybe one day I shall read it and perhaps love it way more than the film but until then I still think that the film is quite good. V For Vendetta has a lot of great scenes in it but one of the best and most powerful scenes in the film is a scene referred to as Valerie's Letter. It's been a little over four years since I've seen this film and yet this scene is still to this day one of my favorite scenes of all time. This scene is so moving and so powerful that when I saw it I felt like I fell in love with movies all over again. It made me remember how certain scenes in movies can be so profoundly moving and touching that it's hard to comprehend as to how a film can even accomplish this. This is one of those scenes, and if you don't even feel a little bit of something while watching this well then maybe you just don't have a heart........and you might wanna look into that. You know, the whole not having a heart thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment