Thursday, September 3, 2009

Movies I'm Looking Forward To: A Serious Man

I'm starting to realize that the Coen Brothers can really do no wrong in my book. I mean sure, there's been some hiccups in their careers like such films as Intolerable Cruelty and The Ladykillers. But besides those two movies I just mentioned, there are a lot of other great films by them. Examples being such films as Fargo, Raising Arizona, The Big Lebowski, Blood Simple, O Brother Where Art Thou, Miller's Crossing, No Country For Old Men, Burn After Reading, and the list goes on.

So now we come to another potentially great film from them entitled A Serious Man. I think the trailer for this film looks amazing. It looks like it has everything I'd want to see in a Coen Brothers movie. It has the quirky and off beat humor, the bizarre situations, and a very subtle, dark atmosphere that they love to establish in a lot of their films. Just by watching the trailer once I could already tell that it's definitely a movie that's going to be high on my list of films I'm looking forward to seeing.

A Serious Man is a film that is written, directed, and produced by Joel and Ethan Coen. It hits theaters on October 2nd.

No comments:

Post a Comment