Saturday, October 3, 2009

Movies I'm Looking Forward To: The Lovely Bones

Peter Jackson is a filmmaker that is more versatile than you may think. For a long time, all I knew about Peter Jackson was that he directed the Lord Of The Rings trilogy and the recent remake of King Kong. Even though those films are quite good, the only things I thought he directed were big blockbusters. What I found out later was that in his early career he directed other great and overlooked films such as Bad Taste, Dead Alive, Heavenly Creatures, and The Frighteners. He also produced one of the best science fiction films I have personally ever seen which was this year's District 9.

When you really look at what Peter Jackson has done so far in his career, he really has been a filmmaker that has tried to tackle everything he can. Whether it be a small budget horror film, a dark drama, or a sci-fi blockbuster. Peter Jackson is a very respectable filmmaker because he does whatever projects he wants to do, no matter how big or small the concept is. He's also a very respectable filmmaker because a lot of his films are actually good, which doesn't hurt either.

So I'm excited about Peter Jackson's film adaptation of The Lovely Bones because he's one of my favorite directors and also because the film just looks all around promising. The movie looks like it has a pretty good cast. I've always enjoyed the acting of Mark Wahlberg, Rachel Weisz, and Stanley Tucci. Although, I've unfortunately never read the book, but I also never read any of the Lord Of The Rings books either and I enjoyed those movies quite a bit.

The Lovely Bones comes out in theaters on December 11th.

No comments:

Post a Comment