Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Suicide Club

I've known about this movie for years but had just recently watched it for the first time. After viewing it I must say that it is one strange and engrossing experience. Suicide Club is a movie that is both intriguing and confusing. In other words, the movie is kind of a sloppy mess, but an enjoyable sloppy mess! It's a film that really doesn't have one key focus on any real main character which is very rare to see in films. It's a movie that's not only about the Japanese fad of committing suicide, it also touches on subliminal messaging somehow. I think the one thing that surprised me the most about the movie was that there were times in the film where it got very philosophical about life and death and became almost insightful which I really liked. Overall, Suicide Club is a film that is all over the place but is still somehow entertaining none the less. It's disturbing, confusing, and sometimes even funny. It's a wild and gleefully gory ride that I recommend to anyone who just wants to sit back and enjoy a weird ass movie.

2 comments:

  1. My teacher for Mass Media and Society showed what I think was the beg. of that movie it was when all the girls jumped down in front of the subway train... yeaa that was a pretty nice way to start a 9:30am class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that's the beginning of this movie. And that is a hell of a way to start a 9:30 am class haha.

    ReplyDelete